Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rd. to Indy flimsy

At last I finally got the borders on my Rd. to Indy quilt and it is now ready to send to the long-arm quilter. When the quilt comes back from being quilted, I want to add a piping of the colorful stripe against the turquoise binding.
In addition to all the containers of strips and squares cut from scraps, I also have this huge container filled with scraps. It overflows. Something needs to be done.
Using my stash of used dryer sheets as foundations, I began to try to my hand at crumb blocks. What fun!
Here are the results. I will definitely make more of these fun blocks. That scrap container should yield about 50,000 crumb blocks at least.
Today I'm thankful for .....
1. Peanut Butter (at the top of my list most days).
2. Anne Lamott (I'm reading one of her books)
3. Getting the ironing done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! It is gorgeous and I can't believe you are finished (with the extra piece to come after quilting that is). THANK YOU!! Indy will love having it in her home!!!!

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Bonnie! I'm always in awe of you and your accomplishments!! I love your crumbs!! Please bring all show n tell on Sunday...I can't wait to see!