Monday, November 17, 2008

It is snowing here in surburban Chicagoland. It looks and feels like a November day. The table is set for company tonight. Two friends are coming over for supper and an evening of knitting by the fire. Food, knitting, cozy fire, chatting, and laughter - the perfect way to spend a snowy cold November evening. Since I am not a gourmet cook, I have taken the easy way out and used the crock pot. Just added chicken, chicken stock, veggies and rice - added some spices to give it flavor, serve with a salad and some warm rolls and I hope my guests will be happy.


Today Ifinished putting my Sudoku quilt together. Now I need to pick out a backing and binding, and of course quilt it. That will come later as I need to get back to some other waiting projects.

Today I am grateful for -
1. The crock pot!
2. My fireplace.
3. Anticipation of enjoying an evening with friends.


No comments: