Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Project - Road to Indy

This morning I was all excited about heading to my Quilt Studio to get some serious sewing done. There before my eyes was the project that completely slipped my mind - ironing my spring/summer clothes. Since everything was piled on my sewing table, it was time to get to work and start ironing. The ironing took me all morning.
It is nice to have it all done and all the clothes moved upstairs into my closets, ready for warm weather.

While my cousin was here last week, we also went through all my clothes disposing of clothes that were too big (I have lost weight) and clothes that I no longer like. These hangers represent all the winter and summer clothes that I have donated to charity or just thrown away.


Finally, this afternoon, after doing some mending, I had some time to begin work on a quilt I hope to make for my cousin. I titled it Road to Indy. Here is a sample square and some cut squares. The "roads" will be all different bright colors and the corners will form a turquoise/blue star.



Time now to get ready for a church potluck dinner. I'm taking a big green salad and an angel food cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Yum!

No comments: