Friday, August 27, 2010

New Tool

This combination magnifier and light was advertised in the Keepsake Quilting catalog and since the price was within reason, I decided to purchase it. It says "fits most sewing machines". Guess what - it didn't fit mine. Errrrgh. Well, it does "fit", but the magnifier and the light were at the wrong angle. I would have to lower my chair so much that my arms would be below the machine. I decided I would have to send it back. I hated to give up though and I finally tried this solution............
I turned it sideways and then I could adjust the magnifier and light to the right angle to see through when my chair is in the normal high position. YES. It makes it a whole lot easier for me to thread my machine - and hopefully will help me sew a straighter line.

1 comment:

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

How is this magnifier/light going for you? I've heard other people use this type of thing too, I'm afraid if I get one I won't be able to look at another thing in my life without using a magnifier... ha ha ha!!