Friday, January 15, 2010

Working hard and nothing to show for it..........

Yes, that is a garbage bag. It contains the project I was working on - the project that will not be completed as I made the difficult decision to throw it out. Why, you ask? Although it was a cute idea, the end result was a disaster and I ran out of any desire to try and fix it. So out it goes. Have you ever done such a thing? My next project was to complete 8 Artist's Trading Cards for a January swap. Since it is supposed to be a secret until the swap is made on January 29th, all I can show is the envelope in which I am mailing my cards.
So it is on to the next project. I have three large bins of blues which means it is time to dig in and use some in a quilt. Judy posted an idea for a blue quilt at the end of this post that I think I will try. Tomorrow I will make some test blocks and make my decision then.

2 comments:

BrendaS said...

Good for you for throwing out a project that didn't work. Doesn't it feel great? No guilt!

Have a great weekend!

Brenda

MB said...

Love the blue fabric! And yes, you know I throw out stuff ... feels SO GOOD!!!!

And your blog updated in my window today like it used to and had stopped doing ... don't know why it ever quit but I'm grateful it's back to normal!