Friday, January 8, 2010

Piecing done

Today I put the borders on this quilt made from Cherrywood fabric which I acquired many years ago at Paducah.I also pieced a backing, made binding, and assembled possible threads for quilting. The quilt will go with me to my Bee group in another few weeks to get everyone's ideas on how to quilt this simple quilt. Straight line quilting will be done, but up and down, or cross-hatch, or around each block - or........I'm open to ideas.
This is my progress on Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow.
What quilting project am I taking on next? Well, I pulled out an old project, re-read the instructions, and started doing some machine applique. Pictures will come - perhaps tomorrow.

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You're off to a great start in the new year Bonnie. The top is pretty, and you've made great progress on your stitchery. Starting already for a Christmas project is a great idea!