Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day

Last night I finished my New Years Eve puzzle, took this picture, and then dismanted the puzzle so that I could start on another one. Every year at the Christmas/New Years holiday time, I allow myself to do some jigsaw puzzles. They are addicting to me, so I only do them once a year. I surprised myself today though by deciding to NOT finish this next puzzle. It would have taken me all day and I was more interested in doing some work at my desk. So I dismanteled what little I had done and the puzzles are put away for another year.
The cats were bored with my puzzle activity.


Really bored!

Until I went to the kitchen and prepared my lunch. As I turned to sit at my table, eat my lunch and read my book, these two were wide awake and ready to join me. Silly cats.

While working at my desk, I was playing an episode of The Quilt Show with Ricky Tims. He had a super quick "art" quilt that I decided to give a try. My little quilt didn't come out as handsome as his, but after I add some border and do some embellishing, I will have a artsy quilt and will also have learned a new trick or two.
Today I am grateful for -
1. Scrambled eggs and a cinnamon scone.
2. Visiting cats that make me laugh.
3. Optimisim as I begin a new year.


1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Happy 2009 Bonnie!
Our puzzle is languishing -- I may take it down too.
Jeanne