Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cleaning out

In my waste basket is a pair of blue slacks that I am reluctantly throwing away. They are old, the elastic is gone, some seams are ripped and the color has faded. However, these pants are so comfortable - loose and soft. Alas though, they are too big and when I saw myself in the mirror with these pants on, I had to face the truth that they are baggy and make me look frumpy. Who wants to look frumpy! I know that I could just wear them around the house, but if something makes me look frumpy then I feel frumpy and even at home when no one is looking, I really don't want to feel frumpy. For the past week I have been working on cleaning out my office. I won't bore you with the long list of things I am donating to charity or throwing out, but suffice it to say that I had way too much stuff packed into file cabinets, drawers, and shelves.
After re-arranging the shelves the visiting cat discovered a new place to inspect. He is saying "Wow, look at all this space back here".
This cleaning project is almost done but I now have a pile of papers to shred - such a boring job. I think I will take a break and go read for a while.
Quilting? Maybe next week............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Baggy pants, if they are "cool", are great but if they are "frumpy", they're toast!! Good for you ... here's to spring clothes shopping and some cool, better fitting (not to mention smaller) pants!!!