Monday, February 11, 2008

Snow

The month of January has been filled with computer problems and devasting viruses, but at last I have my computer back and am able to post to my blogs.
Last Wednesday we had a big snow storm - around 10-12 inches of snow. The big malls around here (Randhurst and Woodfield) closed, the libraries closed, and our church cancelled it's Ash Wednesday Worship Service.
My front porch bench didn't look so welcoming covered in snow, but if you look carefully below, some critter paid a visit.

It is bitter cold now. We are definitely having an old fashioned winter, the kind that makes us heartier. I love the look of snow covering the world and I really don't mind the cold as long as I am properly dressed. I even enjoy shoveling the driveway, but my doctor would not approve so I welcome the folks who clear snow for a reasonable fee. When the weather is wintry I make soup. Hmmmm - that sounds good. I think I will go make some now.


1 comment:

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Hi Bonnie, you sound like you like the snow as much as I do!! I love it. That Wednesday of the storm was my birthday and it was my gift, a wonderful snowstorm on a day off of work! Moe