Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Quilting progress

My friends are asking "what did you do at the quilt retreat?" Ummmm - not much. I took the blocks for this crazy 9-patch Christmas quilt to the retreat and never got the chance to sew them together. I did purchase the green border fabric at a quilt shop on the way home though. After I got home I sewed all the blocks together (the blocks were partially made by the youth at my church) and put the borders on. The red striped border is from my stash and I love the holly leaf fabric green border.
The backing is this holly leaf and berries flannel. It will make a nice cuddly quilt. The young people are going to raffle off two Christmas quilts to raise money for their mission projects.
The one big thing I worked on at the retreat was the blocks for the Come-On-A-My-House quilt. These are some of the blocks placed on my design wall. I have a lot more to do. Unfortunately some of the cutting directions were not entirely accurate which caused me some delays and problems, but it is all figured out now. The cuts were too big instead of the other way around which made the fix easier than I expected.
The picture is not very clear, but the house on the bottom row with the blue siding has a little girl in the window over the door. She says "Hi".


No comments: