Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More cat stuff......

My visiting cat got a treat today - some fresh air. When I got home this afternoon, the sun was shining and there was definitely the smell of Spring in the air. I have a tiny one-season back porch that is fully screened and safe for the indoor-cat. She was very curious and a little tenative. Her pink nose was so busy sniffing all the smells and her eyes darted all around. A gust of wind made her jump back from the screen. I was hoping a bird would be walking in the yard, or a squirrel, but all was quiet. Maybe it would have been too much excitement! No quilting, stitching, or knitting going on here. Life has been busy with other things. Too busy I'm afraid, and right now I am longing for time to myself.

I am very grateful though for the volunteer work I do and the people I work with and that I have the energy to contribute in a meaningful way.

American Idol and Dancing with the Stars are both on tonight, so maybe I will get some knitting done - that is if the cat will let me. Do you know how hard it is to knit with a cat occupying your lap?

No comments: