Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Good Day

This little stocking was fun to stitch. It is from Blackbird Designs in the Sweet August booklet. Although the suggested fabric count is 30, I made it on 28ct and although the suggested beads are Czech glass beads, I used some little wooden beads I had in my stash.
This is the backing fabric I chose.

On to the valance project for church.............I made a sample to make sure I knew what I was doing. The lining has to smaller than the front so that when it is ironed, the backing will not show.
The lining fabric - a 50% off bargain at JoAnn's.
Cutting the lining fabric.
Sewing the lining to the front.
Sewing the rod pocket.
One valance completely done. And I had time this evening to get started on the second valance.
Now, for all my family and friends who think that I am always neat and organized, please enjoy this photo of my very messy fabric/cutting room. This is the way it usually looks. I clean it up only when expecting company.
In addition to the stitching finish and the valance finish, I also worked on some binding. It was a good day!

1 comment:

BrendaS said...

Love your stocking finish! The colors are very pretty.

Way to go on the valance!