Monday, September 7, 2009

Stitching progress

This is the tenth picture I took and it is the best that I can do with my failing camera.

In preparation for a class, I have been working on this Indigo Six Hem Sampler. The bar space between the two little over-one blocks will be "withdrawn thread areas" which means cutting threads and making six different finishing hems. I have never done a cut work before so I am excited to learn this new-to-me technique.
I sure wish the picture was better as I am very happy with the project so far. The silk Fall-color threads are beautiful and the over-one sections are my first attempt at such tiny work. After the cut work, the final touch will be beads all along the border.

I'm looking for an inexpensive digital camera that will take good close-ups. Does anybody have any recommendations?

No comments: