Monday, March 2, 2009

Scraps are fun

Today I worked on making the blocks per instructions from Judy at Patchwork Times. I thoroughly enjoyed working with some of my diverse fabrics and scraps. The light fabric on the right with the weathervanes is vintage fabric I found in an Antique Shop and I paired it with a sewing themed fabric. The violin/trumpet/harp/music fabric was given to me by a friend and I paired it with a lush fuschia. The pinwheel fabric seemed to go well with the wild graphic fabric of which I must have purchased 10 yards since I never seem to run out of it. I like the apple slices fabric with the Wear Warm Clothes fabric.
The colorful guitar fabric I obtained in a fabric bag exchange and it works well with a bright yellow. The little scarecrow men are happy sharing the spotlight with stars on a rust background. I don't know yet how Judy is going to lead us in putting this quilt together, but so far I am having fun and thinking of more combinations I could do on a future quilt.

For leaders and enders today, I snuck in little 1-1/2 inch orange pieces to make Halloween pumpkins. More on this in a subsequent post...................

It was a good sewing day today.


No comments: