This little quilt is made entirely of scraps from my 2-1/2 inch container and my 4-1/2 inch container. My friend Moe did the machine quilting.
Here is the pieced back.
I decided to machine sew the binding as usual to the front, and then sew in the ditch to finish the back side of the binding. I have never done that before and although the back side is not perfectly even and some of the stitching is a little wobbly, it still looks OK because it is black.
This little piece of stitchery is one I purchased recently. Unfortunately I did not look closely at what I was buying and was dismayed to discover that the fabric is 32 count. With my poor eyesight, 32 count is a real challenge. I have my eyeball practically on top of the magnifying glass to find my place. Thank goodness this is a small project!
The sweater I was knitting is now finished. I just need to sew it together and steam block it. Pictures to come soon. There was one skein of yarn leftover so I decided to make a matching scarf, adding another skein of contrasting color from the same yarn family. I am knitting it length-wise, so there are 275 stitches on my circular needle.
Today I am grateful for -
1. A scrambled egg for breakfast.
2. A phone call from a dear friend.
3. The freedom to choose which project (from many) that I want to work on and which to ignore.