Friday, May 16, 2008

Fusing Fun

The quilt guild I belong to (Northwest Suburban Quilter's Guild) is quite large and we are lucky to be able to afford really good speakers. Thursday night our speaker was Laura Wasilowski - http://www.artfabrik.com/ - who gave us an evening full of laughs, ideas, and eye candy (colorful quilts). I was on a waiting list to take her class today and fortunately an opening became availabe. I have never tried my hand at "art" quilts, but she helped free up all of us who are uptight follow-the-pattern quilters. Below is what I did in the class today. There is more work to be done - decorative stitching, probably some beads or buttons, quilting and binding.I am proud to say that I am now an Iron Maiden - or graduate of the Chicago School of Fusing. This little badge is proof positive.

Not only did I enjoy my day at class, but I also had the added benefit of making a new friend, Paige Alaine (www.paigealaine.com) , who shared table space with me.

My advice for today - Take a class - learn how to do something you haven't tried before - make new friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is one of the most creative and pretty pieces I've ever seen in your personal gallery and it's artsy and fun and beautiful! Congrats on branching out and enjoying the process!

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Oh Bonnie! What great fun you had in Laura's class! Enjoyed your post!