Monday, November 19, 2007

Good book

Today I finished reading Little Chapel On The River by Gwendolyn Bounds. It was a good book and I highly recommend it. It was a pleasant read about nice, interesting people. The author experienced first-hand the 9/11 tragedy and this is her story about relocating to a town on the Hudson River and a pub where she found a welcoming family.

The writing kept me engaged from start to finish. There are even pictures to help the reader get further acquainted with the people in the book. I've never been a person to spend any time in a bar, but this book made me realize that family can be found not only in the home, but in a bar, an office, a business, a church, or just about anywhere that people care for each other.

Happy Thanksgiving to all......................

No comments: